Friday, February 18, 2011

The Planning Process

My turn for a blog post! It is my intention with this adventure to connect with my nationality. I have always been jealous of people that can identify their ethnicity or nationality with pride, and feeling lost with my mixed Caucasian American identity. I hope to be able to wear "I am American" comfortably with all the pride and embarrassment and knowledge that can be associated with it. The blog is because I love living vicariously through my traveling friends, and so I think it's important for us to reciprocate.
In the 163 days until the trip actually begins, we'll be posting our planning status. Kinda so we have it solidified and typed, kinda so we can share with our loved ones when we're visiting their areas. The living vicariously through us part will probably not happen for another 163 days or so.
We've broken the trip into 9 "legs" of varying mileages and times allotted.
The Legs are broken up as such:
1. Seattle-Los Angeles
2. Los Angeles-Yellowstone
3. Yellowstone-Chicago
4. Chicago-Maine
5. Maine-Florida
6. Florida-New Orleans
7. New Orleans-St Louis
8. St Louis-Carlsbad Caverns
9. Carlsbad-Seattle













A rough map of the route, minus a few little wiggles here and there.
I want to second what John said about feedback and advice! If you know any great (free) campsites or little towns or Civil War battlefields, etc, don't hesitate to let us know!

Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
-Amber

1 comment:

  1. You wanted to know about free camping. I use freecampgrounds.com and with a little planning it should help out some. It is good to see other younger people traveling. Nice long road trip is the first step to full-timing. :)

    ReplyDelete